Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Essay Packet 1

   These essay stories kind of irritated me to read. I keep doing these blogs and, although I may not be completely wrong, I seem to only read the surface of the story. There always seems to be more to read and I never see it. Such as the story, Red: an Invocation, the whole story is about a fox. However, I can't help but to feel like there is more to read.
    The whole story is centered around this fox and the unusual color of it's fur. I don't know if it's meant to be a metaphor for racism in the world or something else, but it seemed peculiar that there was so much thought around the fox. I basically felt the same way with all the other stories in this packet, varying the subject that the story was based on. More, I felt that most of the stories had simple topics or interests, but that there was more to it. After all, that has been the case for most of the semester in this class; there is always more to be read than just the surface.

1 comment: