Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Maps To Anywhere pt. 2

    The second half of this book was just as interesting as the first half. It followed the same theme as the first half, with Brenard explaining more of his life through short stories. It was kind of sad, the things I took from these chapters. They themed around the people that we get close to in our every day lives and it made me think a bit.
    As much as I enjoyed the imagery and the feelings I got when I read the second half of Maps To Anywhere, I couldn't help but to think to myself about who I am actually close to in my own life. As I read about his life in the book, and how he felt distant from his own blood, I needed to do some self evaluation to find out if I was the same way. In some ways, I do believe that I am closer to some of my friends and coworkers than I am my own family. However, I also feel like I am going through that odd phase in life where I just want to be away from my family as much as possible. I watched my older sister go through it and now, at 22, she has come closer to our parents again, while I, at 18, just want to stay in my room as much as possible to be away from everything and everyone. I still hold the same mindset that family is everything and means the most. However, I find more comfort in my friends at this moment in time than I do my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment